Being part of N26 means crafting meaningful experiences that are used across the world every single day: We build a bank the world loves to use. We believe that experience-led companies provide the best products and services to people. With this approach we became Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We serve more than 850.000 customers in 17 countries and we put people and their stories first: we listen, learn, build, and evaluate. Our design and product teams are experience-led in everything we do. You’ll be working alongside other thoughtful and proactive people who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism.
Why is this role important for N26’s work?
The Experience Design Internship at N26 allows talents to grow and learn how to take full responsibility in the product design process. This role is important for our business because you’ll be working hands-on with Experience Designers and the feature teams to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and enjoyable experiences for our customers.
Once here you will:
- Learn and improve your craft: Conceptual design, research, prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and implementation of mobile and web product experiences
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, researchers and engineers
- Take ownership of your own projects to oversee the user experience of features from concept until launch
- Participate in regular design reviews, user testings and other team-wide design efforts
What you'll bring along
- You already have some experience working with mobile/web interfaces
- You can show first examples of your work in your portfolio
- You have a University degree or you are about to finish it soon
- You are knowledgeable in Sketch and prototyping tools of your choice to bring your ideas to life
- You have a good basic understanding of research and how it helps design
- Preferably you gained first experiences in motion design
- Excellent English skills
- History of self-initiated projects
What makes you, you
- Your insatiable affinity for the latest trends in technology and great design
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in a fast-paced environment
- You have a good sense for details
- You can articulate your design decisions well
- You love to collaborate and help others grow
- Excitement for N26 – you signed up and used the product before
- You are curious, incredibly proactive and optimistic
How we help you to succeed
The Design team at N26 is a place like no other. Besides the usual perks of a successful start-up environment, you’ll work in a very close and motivated team that understands its purpose as being the glue between Product, Engineering and Marketing. We are a tight community that works hard and celebrates successes together, encouraging everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We respect the need for work-life balance and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
How to apply for this role
If your heart beats for great design, creating memorable experiences, and you enjoy working in a hyper-growth environment, submit your CV and cover letter. Please also provide a portfolio that shows a few samples of interfaces and experiences you’ve already worked on. We also encourage you to highlight the work you’re most proud of and indicate your excitement through your application.
We are looking forward to hear from you!