We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We redesigned the banking experience to be simple, fast and contemporary. Founded in 2013 by Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal,N26 has more than 380 employees and more than 850.000 customers in 17 countries. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Allianz, Tencent, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Battery Ventures and Valar Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, Earlybird Venture Capital and Redalpine Ventures.
- Assisting Backend teams with everything related to relational (and also NoSQL) databases: design, maintenance, migrations, administration, configuration, etc.
- Taking part in efforts to scale and improve the N26 Data Warehouse.
- Educating developers and engineers about best practices in clean database design.
- Performing audits of existing databases, figuring out possible improvements and ways to implement them efficiently.
- Exceptional knowledge of PostgreSQL and its administration (experience with MySQL is a plus).
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (preferably Python).
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) is a plus.
- Detective-level attention to detail and self-discipline that others would admire.
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
- Excited to work with cutting-edge technology, take chances, experiment and discover new and more efficient ways to get things done
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Individual Professional Development Budget
- Your choice of a new Mac or Windows laptop
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Newly designed office in Berlin-Mitte
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Probably the best cup of coffee in the neighbourhood
- Get Stuff Done Days
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.